So I found some scrap wood the other day at The Village Workshop. I’m not even sure what varieties. I decided they would make a nice clock.
Everything was pretty close to square already, so it only took a few minutes on the table saw and planer to get the pieces ready to glue.
After gluing and allowing a day to dry, I trimmed off the uneven ends, routed out a space in the back for the movement, and drilled a hole for the post. I probably spent way too much time thinking about the proportions of the body to the hands.
Finally, a little light hand sanding and the body is ready for finishing.
The body was finished with 2 coats of natural finish Danish Oil. After attaching the movement and hands, the clock was complete and ready to hang on the nearest clock-free wall (which is getting harder to find…)